Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Learning Seminars

So, my first decision for the Ladies of Chinquapin is to have learning seminars that I feel will truly benefit the girls. We should have four of these seminars and each will focus on teaching about one of the following: Self Esteem, Sex, Success and Etiquette. I want to focus on these topics and have the ladies informed on how to have a higher self esteem, use protection, strive for their goals and act during formal events. Learning these skills are essential to their futures.

Self esteem is always a big issue with girls my age. I have problems with my self esteem all the time, and I know it will be a big help for girls to learn how to deal with their self esteem. Sex is a topic that many girls might be uncomfortable talking about, but it's very important that girls my age learn about using protection and having safe sex.

Not only do I want the girls to learn about personal issues, but about issues they may face in the future--more professional topics. In one of my previous posts I had a TEDTalk by Sheryl Sandberg and she discusses three obstacles women in the workplace face and how to overcome them. Our seminar on success should be similar to this. Another important factor of the professional world is networking. I know that I have no idea how to network, behave at formal events, or dress for the workplace. The etiquette session should address all of these things.

Now that it's decided what our informative seminars will be about, the next step is to find someone to lead these sessions. I would like to get in contact with someone that would be willing to volunteer to lead these seminars. However, if we can't find anyone, then Ale and I would be willing to try to lead them. The important thing, is that the ladies learn how to overcome any issues they are dealing with or might deal with and that they get questions answered here because they might not be able to talk to their parents about it.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the web page! Nice addition to your project!

    Would relationships be a better subject (rather than just "sex" -- though this could be a part of it)?

    ReplyDelete